125 Years of Women at Brown Conference - Save the Date: May 5-6, 2017

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to register in advance to attend?
Yes, advance registration is required as space is limited. Registration is $75 for alumnae up to 15 years out (classes of 2002-2016), and $125 for 16 years out and beyond (classes of 2001 and older).

Registration has reached capacity.
The 125 Years of Women at Brown Conference has reached capacity. If you are interested in attending, please join our waitlist and we will contact you if space becomes available.

Where should I go when I arrive on campus?
Please go to Maddock Alumni Center (38 Brown St.) for check in.

When does the Conference begin? When does it end?
The Conference kicks-off at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, May 5 for breakfast at Simmons Quad. The Conference ends on Saturday, May 6 at 4:15 p.m.

Where can I park?
Parking is available at the 111 Power Street Visitor Lot for a fee through 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 5 and will be complimentary thereafter through the end of the Conference. Additionally, parking is available at the Parking Lot on Brook St.—at the intersection of Brook St. and Cushing St.—for an hourly or daily rate.

Is the Conference wheelchair friendly?
Yes. Meals will be under a tent with an installed floor. Panel and experiential offerings will have wheelchair access. Please email wlc@brown.edu with any accessibility concerns.

Can I bring a guest?
You can bring a female guest with an affiliation to Brown to the Conference so long as you pay an additional registration fee.

Can I store my luggage at Maddock?
Alumnae may leave luggage at Maddock in the registration area. However, we prefer not to take responsibility for luggage as the doors lock at 5:00 p.m. and Public Safety will need to be called to gain access to the building. We cannot guarantee security and are not liable for missing property.

Where should I stay?
You can find area hotels via the Brown Travel Portal.

Who should I be in touch with to communicate my dietary restrictions?
Please email wlc@brown.edu to notify us of special dietary restrictions or food allergies.

Who planned this Conference?
The members of the 125 Years of Women at Brown Steering Committee and the Women’s Leadership Council in collaboration of the University.

Are pets allowed?
With the exception of documented service animals, pets are not allowed.

Are children allowed?
Unfortunately because of space limitations, children will not be permitted at the Conference. If you are traveling with a child, you are encouraged to make childcare arrangements.

Are there lactation rooms available?
Yes, the University has lactation rooms available to those who need it. Please check the Conference App for locations.

What is the attire for the Conference?
Attendees are encouraged to dress comfortably, although you are welcome to dress business casual for Friday night dinner and the closing ceremony on Saturday afternoon. You may also want to consider bringing an umbrella as weather in Providence is known to be unpredictable.

I have already registered but need to cancel. Who should I contact?
Please direct all cancellation requests to wlc@brown.edu. Someone will contact you within two business days of your original request.

What is the Women’s Leadership Council?
The Women's Leadership Council is a diverse group of Brown women, appointed by the President, who work toward creating lasting change at the University through leadership, mentoring, and philanthropy.

The Council provides Brown women with opportunities to connect with today's students as mentors, role models, and advisors; organizes events and programs that reconnect alumnae to each other and to the intellectual excitement of Brown's academic experience; and highlights opportunities for investing in the University's continued success.

How can I help promote the Conference?

• Follow 125 Years of Women at Brown on Facebook.
  • Follow the Women’s Leadership Council on Twitter.
  • Use the hashtag #BrownWomenTogether on social media.
  • Contact wlc@brown.edu to learn more about hosting a pre-conference event.

If you have more questions or concerns, please email wlc@brown.edu or call +1 (844) 892-0125.

LI icon FB icon Twitter icon Twitter icon Brown icon